- We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for any legal or business purpose.
- You can visit the Site and browse without having to provide personal details. During your visit to the Site you remain anonymous and at no time can we identify you unless you have an account on the Site and log on with your user name and password.
- Data that we collect
- We may collect various pieces of information if you seek to place an order for a product with us on the Site.
- We collect, store and process your data for processing your purchase on the Site and any possible later claims, and to provide you with our services. We may collect personal information including, but not limited to, your title, name, gender, date of birth, email address, postal address, delivery address (if different), telephone number, mobile number, fax number, payment details, payment card details or bank account details.
6.1 Dhaka Local collect the following information where you are a buyer:
- Identity data, such as your name, gender, profile picture, and date of birth;
- Contact data, such as billing address, delivery address/location, email address and phone numbers;
- Biometric data, such as voice files and face recognition when you use our voice search function, and your facial features of when you use the Site;
- Billing account information: bank account details, credit card account and payment information (such account data may also be collected directly by our affiliates and/or third party payment service providers)
6.2 Dhaka Local collect the following information where you are a seller:
- Identity and contact data, such as your name, date of birth or incorporation, company name, address, email address, phone number and other business-related information (e.g. company registration number, business licence, tax information, shareholder and director information, etc.)
- Account data, such as bank account details, bank statements, credit card details and payment details (such account data may also be collected directly by our affiliates and/or third party payment service providers)
6.3.1 If you are a buyer:
- Processing your orders for products:
- Process orders you submit through the Site;
- Deliver the products you have purchased through the Site for which we may pass your personal information on to a third party (e.g. our logistics partner) in order to make delivery of the product to you.
- Update you on the delivery of the products.
- Provide customer support for your orders.
6.3.2 If you are a seller:
- Providing services:
- Marketing and advertising:
- Legal and operational purposes:
- Analytics, research, business and development
- Any other purpose to which your consent has been obtained; and
- To conduct automated decision-making processes in accordance with any of these purposes.
- The acceptance of cookies is not a requirement for visiting the Site. However, we would like to point out that the use of the ‘basket’ functionality on the Site and ordering is only possible with the activation of cookies.
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information. When we collect data through the Site, we collect your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures
9. Your rights
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right to request access to the personal data which we may hold or process about you. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. At any stage you also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Where permitted by applicable data protection laws, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal data records. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will not be responsible for any unauthorized use of your account on the Site by yourself, users who act on your behalf or any unauthorized users. It is your responsibility to make your own informed decisions about the use of the Site and take necessary steps to prevent any misuse of the Site.